Friday, October 12, 2012

Gratitude, Good News, and Government Approvals

I wanted to start out by extending a big "thank you" to everyone who prayed for, shared about, and participated in our $10 on 10/10 donation drive.  We are so humbled by the donations, including those from people who have never met us.  We still have many financial hurdles to clear throughout this journey, but it's so exciting to see the Lord providing in HIS way every step of the way.

Several people have asked me if it's too late to give.  The answer is, "no." :)  You can still access our fundraising account through the yellow "Donate" button in the top right corner of the page.  

I also wanted to share a great bit of news from S*, the middle sister of the "big girls."  I was able to chat with all the girls on Monday morning via Skype.  S* was busy when the call started, so she joined in a little late, but the first thing she said when she got on the screen was, "Mama, guess what?!  I have a friend!"

Friendship has been a big prayer of ours for S*. Over the past couple of years, her classmates at school haven't been the friendly type.  In fact, by all accounts, they are just plain mean.  I was heart broken this summer when I offered to help S* pick out some treats to take back to her closest friends, and she told me that she didn't have any.  No mommy ever wants her child to feel lonely.  So we have prayed for a nice girl that S* could build a friendship with, and sure enough, a girl transferred to her school just last week, and now my girl has a friend!  Praise the Lord!  I don't think she could have ever known just how heartwarming and encouraging that news was for me!  In fact, I had to fight back my tears because silly S* likes to tease me for crying about "little," happy things.  Oh, if she only knew!

We are pressing on in our journey.  A new round of paperwork was dropped in the mail on Monday seeking US Immigration approval for our adoption.  Will you pray with us for favor in the timing of the approval?  They tell you to allow 90 days for approval but typically run a little faster than that at about 60 days.  We've heard of a few people recently who have gotten their approval in 30 days...so we are praying for that timing, too!  Once we have this approval, we can send all of our paperwork to the girls' country, and even better, we can FINALLY tell them about the adoption at that point.  I'm so anxious for that day!

Thanks again for your partnership on this journey.  Your prayers and support for these precious girls are much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment